The purpose of these Regulations is—
- to promote the training and employment of Ugandans, transfer of knowledge and technology and the provision of goods and services by Ugandan companies, registered entities and Ugandan citizens in midstream operations;
- to require every licensee, contractor and subcontractor to give priority to the sourcing of goods and services from Ugandan companies, registered entities and Ugandan citizens where the goods and service are competitive in terms of quality and timely availability;
- to require the provision of goods and services not available in Uganda to be provided by a company that has entered into a joint venture with a Ugandan company, a registered entity or Ugandan citizens, where possible;
- to regulate the provision of goods and services by other companies or registered entities wholly owned by nonUgandans, in exceptional cases, and with the approval of the Authority;
- to ensure enterprise development through provision of support to Ugandan companies, registered entities and Ugandan citizens; and
- to promote cooperation between licensees, contractors, subcontractors and Ugandan universities, research institutions and technical institutions.
Download the regulations below.