The purpose of these Regulations is—
- to promote the training and employment of Ugandans, transfer of knowledge and technology and the provision of goods and services by Ugandan companies, Ugandan citizens and registered entities, in petroleum activities;
- to require every licensee, contractor and subcontractor to give priority to the sourcing of goods and services from Ugandan companies, Ugandan citizens and registered entities, where the goods and service are competitive in terms of quality and timely availability;
- to require the provision of goods and services not available in Uganda to be provided by a company that has entered into a joint venture with a Ugandan company;
- to regulate the provision of goods and services by any other companies wholly owned by non-Ugandans, in exceptional cases where no capacity exists in Uganda, and with the approval of the Authority;
- to ensure enterprise development through provision of support to Ugandan citizens and Ugandan companies; and
- to promote cooperation between licensees, contractors, subcontractors and Ugandan universities, research institutions and technical institutions.
Download the regulations below.